Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
For patients who are missing any or all of their natural teeth, there is no solution more natural looking or long lasting than dental implants. Implant dentistry allows people who are missing teeth to fully restore their mouths, in terms of appearance, functionality, and stability. And, while many dental practices have to refer patients out to qualified oral surgeons for the actual placement of the titanium implant posts, Dr. Gloria Ospina is one of the rare dentists who performs every phase of the dental implants procedure herself.
Are you a good candidate for dental implants at Dr. Ospina’s Coral Gables and Miami Beach area cosmetic dentistry practice? Suitable candidates for the treatment include:
- Those who are missing one or more of their natural teeth.
- Those who have teeth that are damaged beyond repair, making extraction the most appropriate treatment option.
- People in overall good health, as the placement of the titanium implant posts is an invasive surgical procedure.
- People who currently wear removable bridges or dentures and wish to upgrade to a more stable and secure option.
- Patients who want the most natural-looking replacements for missing teeth currently available; because implant-supported dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures are attached below the gum line, they look far more natural than restorations that sit on top of the gums.
- Patients who wish to undergo a comprehensive smile makeover; dental implants can be used in conjunction with porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, cosmetic gum surgery, and other treatments to completely reinvent a smile.